24294 230th Ave SW
Crookston, MN 56716
Phone: (218) 281-3689 (home)
(218) 289-4862 (mobile)
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
Master of Science, Industrial Management
Thesis: Aerial Rescue Protocol for the Tree Care Industry.
Bachelor of Science, Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
Adjunct Professor, University of Minnesota – Crookston (Fall semester 2007 – present)
• Instructor of three Urban Forestry classes within the Horticulture department totaling 8 credits.
Instructor, Aerial Rescue Specialist, North American Training Solutions (February 2007 – present)
• Instructor in aerial rescue and emergency response training for arborists throughout North America. Assistant instructor for other work operations including Risk assessment, tree felling and chainsaw use, and tree climbing.
Instructor, Aerial Rescue Specialist, Arboriculture Canada Training and Education Ltd. (February 2007 – present)
• Lead trainer in aerial rescue and emergency response training for arborists throughout North America. Assistant instructor for other work operations including Risk assessment, tree felling and chainsaw use, and tree climbing.
Arborist, Kezar Treez, Brookings, SD (owner, operator, May 2005 – present)
• Owner of commercial tree care consulting business. Conduct arboriculture practices including pruning, disease/pest control, and consulting.
University of Minnesota Urban Forestry Workshop (2007, 2008)
Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) Annual Conference (2005, 2007, 2008)
International Society of Arboriculture International Conference (2005)
TCIA, Electrical Hazards Awareness Program (Feb. 2007, Jan. 2008, March 2008, September 2008)
Mid-West Society of Arboriculture Annual Conference (2005, 2009)
International Society of Arboriculture
• Certified Arborist (MW-4503A), Certified Tree Worker (MW 4503AT),
Tree Care Industry Association
• Certified Treecare Safety Professional (#192)
North American Training Solutions
• Certified Instructor (Aerial Rescue and Emergency Response), Certified Trainer Technician (Tree Felling and Chainsaw use, Hazards Risk Assessment, Tree Climbing)
American Red Cross
• Lifeguard Instructor
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
Minnesota Society of Arboriculture
Mid-West Society of Arboriculture
South Dakota Arborist Association
Phi Kappa Phi
Lambda Chi Alpha (High Iota-risk manager 2001-02)
(High Phi-rituals 2003)
Extra Curricular Activities:
South Dakota State University, Diving Coach, 2004-06.
South Dakota Arborist Association Tree Climbing Champion, 2004, runner-up 2007
SDSU, Swimming and Diving, 2000-04.
Kezar, S.J. (2006). Aerial Rescue Protocol For The Tree Care Industry. Thesis, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota.
Kezar, S. J., & Jenks, J. A. (2004). Relative abundance of small mammals in native and restored tallgrass prairie. Proceedings of the South Dakota Academy of Science, 83, 33-37.
Ball, Kezar, Palmer (2006). Complexities of Aerial Rescue. Arborist News, 15(5), 26-27.
Kezar, S.J., Ball J. (Pending approval). Aerial Rescue and Emergency Response: Recommendations for Change. Arboriculture and Urban Forestry.